Followers

Thursday, August 28, 2014

A Quiet Place

Since we have lived in our townhome I have not found the perfect place for my quiet time. I have tried several areas but none have been just right.  For my quiet time, I listen to Through the Bible on my ipad and then try to spend some time in prayer. I do not make it every day but I try to be disciplined as it is good for my soul to get away from the craziness of daily life.

This week I have found the perfect place for my devotions.  Some good friends of ours are moving from their big house to a townhome just up the street!( Yippee! I am trying to move all my friends here! So far I have Susan and I am adding Sharon.) Sharon was selling some of her furniture and I asked if she had a nice table and chair that would be good for my bedroom. She did!

And here are the table and chair in the corner of my bedroom. The chair is a recliner so I can put my feet up and dig into God's Word without being disturbed. The Table is perfect for holding my Bible and  other books that I might be reading.  Little things make me happy!

On another happy note, Cheryl, a blogger at www.thefarmersdaughter2.blogspot.com recommended that I look for some Gladys Taber books at ABE books. If you are a book lover, this is a good site for finding that book that is no longer in print. I picked up two Gladys Taber books along with In This House of Brede, my favorite Rumer Godden book for just $20.  Being a member of Blogdom means you can always find friends with similar interests and helpful hints.

Well it is Friend Day and we are having lunch at a restaurant on the Tennessee River. It is a pretty day here in NoAla and being with friends will make it perfect.

9 comments:

Blackberry Lane said...

Good Morning, This is a pretty recliner and table. The perfect solution to a quiet time corner. Your room looks very spacious.

Arlene Grimm said...

Yes Mildred, it is a big room and I had a little table and set of chairs in that corner but I gave the set to my daughter who needed it for her apartment. That left a big space and the recliner and table are perfect there. And I am surrounded by pictures of my sweet family so that makes it cozy as well.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

That's a perfect spot to meditate and pray. I like having good natural light from a window, too. And Cheryl is such a sweetie! Enjoy your lunch my friend! Hugs!

Arlene Grimm said...

I love the natural light as well and in a town home that is a precious commodity! And I agree, so glad Cheryl visited and told me about ABE. Have a great day Diane!!

Cranberry Morning said...

Yes, that looks like a nice quiet spot. And I've used Abebooks for quite a while, finding lots of books for a really good price! I hardly ever buy new anymore. :-)

Arlene Grimm said...

I am hoping to find some more books I want via ABE, Cheryl. Can you ever have too many?

Terri D said...

I'm getting a "friends day" next week, and am looking forward to it! We do need our girlfriend time!

The chair and table are wonderful, and look like they were tailor-made for the space. Excellent!!

Cheryl @ TFD said...

I'm so glad you found some Gladys Taber books at AbeBooks! I thought their prices were very reasonable. I am reading one of her books now. I read In This House of Brede many years ago. If I remember right, it was in one of Reader's Digest Condensed books. It was very good!

Your table and chair look really nice in the corner and you'll have nice light, too. Enjoy!

31ea0b50-77e0-11e3-88d0-000bcdcb8a73 said...

Well, rats....do you know anyone you want to give another copy of In This House of Brede too? I had found a copy for you!!