Followers

Saturday, August 23, 2014

A New MOPs Year!

Yesterday the Mothers of Preschoolers group at First Bible Church of Decatur had their kick off meeting for the year 2014-2015.  I am so glad to be back with "my girls". And I was happy to see some new faces while missing some old faces. That is the problem with MOPs, when your child is no longer a preschooler you have to move on.  This year our theme is Be You Bravely. Our table themes are Adrenaline Junkies, Military Heroes,  Community Heroes and Super Heroes.  My table is the Super Hero table and I got a little OCD while making my centerpiece.

I also added some Superman cups to hold pens that we need from time to time at out meetings.

Here it is at our table.( the opposite side view).

Community Heroes table....

Adrenaline Junkies table...It is hard to see but that is a Barbie figurine jumping with her parachute!!:)

Suzy got a little OCD with her centerpiece too....what a great military centerpiece.

Leslie made this beautiful cake!!

Brenda made these sheriff badges...they were yummy as well as cute.

My chocolate chewy bombs.

I loved all the labels that Ashley, our fearless leader, made for our food table. We tend to go all out for the first meeting but after that, our food is just plain old snacking food.

Getting set up for the first meeting.

We have gift baskets! Every month, the birthday girls get to choose a gift from our baskets.

Our MOPs group is very organized. One new MOP mom stated that she was so pleased with how organized the MOPs group was...she was expecting some chaos with all the Moms and Children that were at the meeting.

And last, goodie bags from a local business. Our MOPs group is so fortunate to have great sponsors. First Bible Church provides the nursery workers so that allows our group to be able to offer membership to anyone who wishes to attend.  This is such a great ministry. If you are a mother of older children or grandmother of preschoolers, see if there is a MOPs group in your area that could use you as a mentor. You will be blessed as you minister to young mothers.

2 comments:

Terri D said...

What fun, and what a great support group for young mothers and their little ones! I love all the great ideas for food and decorations, and that you are doing this great ministry.

Arlene Grimm said...

Terri, I get as much as I give in this group!! We have so much fun!